If you’re in manufacturing, then your business has to run like clockwork. You have orders to fill and deliver to sellers. That’s why you can’t afford to have a problem that interrupts your business.
If you manufacture your products in-house, you have sensitive machinery on-hand. Your manufacturing business may need a variety of business insurance policies.
Should this machinery break down or cause an accident, you could face liabilities. You may need business interruption insurance to protect you in case you have to stop work. You might need to offer workers compensation to a worker who got hurt in the accident.
But, you often need to take steps on your own to protect your products and employees. That’s why you need to make sure that you keep your machinery risks low.
Keep these tips in mind to help you maintain your machinery and prevent problems:
- Inspect the machinery. Make sure it is not malfunctioning and that there aren’t any frayed or leaking parts. Ensure that your machinery meets local health, sanitation and safety laws.
- Keep the machinery clean. Service it regularly by replacing worn parts and lubricants.
- Have paperwork on hand that records the maintenance procedures for each machine. Also keep the date on file when someone performs maintenance.
- If you hear, see, or smell anything odd coming from the machine, stop work and inspect the machine. It is better to identify a problem up front than to let it become worse.
- Intensively train your employees to operate the machines. This can help identify problems and reduce the risk of employee injuries.
- Don’t attempt to use machinery in any way other than the intended uses.
- Don’t allow non-trained employees around machinery.
- Require employees to wear any necessary protective gear.
- If there is any damage to the area surrounding the machines, check the machines before you begin work. Make sure they didn’t sustain any residual damages.
If there is any reason to believe damage occurred to your machinery, don’t operate it. Make sure that you always work to reduce negligent risks. That will increase your chances of your insurance company honoring your product.
Buschbach Insurance Agency is here to help you get the business insurance you need. Explore our website or go online today to start a quote. Call us at (708) 423-2350 for more information on business insurance.