Auto Insurance - Chicago IL
Also Serving Aurora, Joliet and other areas in Illinois & Indiana
Yes, I want Better Car Insurance
If you plan on getting behind the wheel in Illinois, you'll need insurance coverage. Illinois requires a minimum of Auto Liability Insurance coverage for all drivers.
But it's important to get more than the minimum coverage, if you want adequate protection. Buschbach Insurance Agency
can help you find the right coverage for your specific needs, all at a price you can afford. Get started today!
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto Insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why Do You Need Auto Insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to Ask Your Agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy (such as adding home insurance and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Traveling to Mexico?
U.S. Automobile Liability Insurance is Not Valid as Mexican Insurance. Most collision and comprehensive coverage issued by U.S. companies are not valid in Mexico.
Mexico Travel Quote
For this reason we encourage you to get Mexico Travel insurance.
When buying Mexico Travel insurance it is a good idea to buy a Mexican Insurance policy equivalent to that what you carry in your regular auto insurance policy.
Already a Buschbach Customer?
We have made it easy for you to request a new id card. Click the button below to submit your request anytime, day or night.
Request ID Card